The It Cafe was at 1637 Vine St in the lobby of the Plaza Hotel near the corner of Hollywood and Vine, and was opened by “It Girl” Clara Bow and her husband Rex Bell on September 3rd, 1937. It had a zodiac motif and was popular with Bow’s silent movies era pals. This same space was, earlier in the 1930s, called the Russian Eagle Cafe & Gardens and counted Garbo among its regulars.
- 1925 to 1928 – Klemtner’s Blue Plate Café
- 1928 – 1931 – Pig “N Whistle Café
- 1931 to 1936 – Russian Eagle Café
- Dec 17, 1936 to Sept 1937 – Cinnabar
- Sept 1937 – It Café (owned by Clara Bow for about a year, then changed management)
- 1944 – Les Comiques
- 1952 – Westerner Lounge-Grill