Sardi’s Restaurant at 6313 Hollywood Blvd didn’t last too long. It opened in 1932 by Eddie Bandstatter, who ran Hollywood hot-spot, the Montmartre. For four brief years it was one of Hollywood’s most chic hang outs…until it was destroyed by fire on November 2nd, 1936. That location later became a Chi-Chi, one of six locations of the Chi-Chi mini-chain, and in the 1950s was Zardi’s Jazzland.
A rare interior view: